Re: Annie's HTML stuff

"What characters (other than linefeed) are you referring to that
Xy puts after a return?"

Harry: The ascii chars represented as [*nnn*] can be reproduced by pressing
R0-R9 keys. With my .kbd I would reproduce [*013*] by pressing . That's all that's necessary to
produce a newline with ;SP; (or xpl, for that matter). To get a
newline in a *.prn replacement, both ascii 13 and ascii 10 must
be specified on the right side.
This is advisable when tyf'ing an ascii file that may be edited:
Mixing newlines when editing with driver-generated linefeed-less
carriage returns causes headaches. To make line ends uniform is
why FIXCR.EXE got written.

"Re your .prn file: [...]"

If, after reviewing my remarks on using a html.prn, the typical
driver entries I posted still are unclear to you, I would
respectfully suggest that the approach is not for you. Small
loss; it's seriously flawed.

"[...] what does tyf-ing accomplish, if I'm using the ;sp;
substitutions?"

The purpose of a tyf html system is to eliminate manual html code
entry--something I should have spelled out, I guess. Raw html
code (as would be entered using ;SP; or an html .kbd table)
doesn't necessarily further corrupt tyf'd files, but the ;SP;
entries are intended as a convenience if you don't tyf .htm
files.   --A

========================== annie fisher  nyc