Re: Tim Baehr's enhanced menus....

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Sun, 01
Feb 2004 09:20:33 -0400 (EDT)

> Some time ago, I installed Tim Baehr's enhanced menus, which
> run different XY4.DLG and XY4.MNU files from the regular files.
> I've been seeing over the past little while references made to
> the new XY4.DLG file on the XYW web site. Am I right is
> assuming that this new XY4.DLG file is not compatible with Tim
> Baehr's enhanced menus? And if I am right, should I concern
> myself with this matter?, or can I just continue with what I
> am doing?

Just continue. The two systems probably can't be harmonized -- and, because
Tim surely "did it right", they don't need to be. (I'm not familiar with his
work -- just terminally disinterested in using a menu system, hate hierarchical
menus -- but does he have really neat things in there that would, alone, make
it worthwhile? Can you mention the standouts?)

U2, incidentally, never relies on anything in DLG or MNU, doesn't call or refer
to them (except a couple of very minor things, which Tim probably retained in
his versions), so there is 100% compatibility with _any_ (and also _no_) DLG or
MNU file. I ran for years with neither one installed. Now I use DLG
occasionally to manage fonts, and that's about it...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx