Re: I want to go geek .. and VPC?

Robert wrote:
Of course Editor would be downloaded! What good would these
things be if you're in Timbuktu? Or if your computer won't
boot? The WHOLE POINT is 100% self-contained!
No, what I was envisioning was that Xy would be run on the remote server,
maybe via DOSEMU on Linux (that part I'm foggy about). All you would see is
the page, the updating of which would involve only the changed
character(s). Something like GoToMyPC but better. But reading on, your
version of it is better, and we can each do it on our own web sites.
 Size is 2.7Mb, without a lot
of external files. But it installs, 100% hands-off, on a local
machine, off the Net (just right-click in IE, and "Open" rather
than "Save" the file -- and the next thing you see is *your
familiar customized version* of XyWrite in a window!). It is
very serviceable. I can run it on ANY Win32 machine. When I
Quit, it erases itself and all trace of its existence. Pretty
neat.

Is the install and erase is done via .BAT files?
BTW, people are going to have to make their own BartPE disks!
I'm not going to get involved in that. This is just a plugin.
Thanks! Personally, I've got my BartPE install done. So it should be pretty
easy to
re-do it with this plug-in.
(I think the other comments you made were addressed to Patricia or someone else.)

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx