Re: I want to go geek .. and VPC?

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Thu, 07 Jun 2007 23:14:45 -0400

> No, what I was envisioning was that Xy would be run on the remote server,
> maybe via DOSEMU on Linux (that part I'm foggy about). All you would see is
> the page, the updating of which would involve only the changed
> character(s). Something like GoToMyPC but better.

Well, that would be OK for generating files *on the server* --
but you wouldn't have full KBD functionality (you never do with
that RemotePC stuff). But if that's all you really want to do,
just install Xywrite on your server (assuming you control your
server), and try it out! I've had that capability for several
years, using VNC (presently I use the Ultr@VNC flavor). It
works, and it's useful for editing files *on the server*, but
not on your local machine -- that would be incredibly awkward:
you'd have to xfer a local file to the server, edit it there,
then xfer it back to the local machine. What's the point? Just
use your local XyWrite installation.

You don't seem to understand that Xy4 is NOT A NETWORK APP!
Fuhgeddaboutit.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx