Re: Windows 2000 question

Writer892@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I am confused, though, about the different settings that show up in the PIF and the ``properties box'' that that comes off the icon next to ``editor.exe'' in the windows header, particularly as they pertain to font and window size. I can't tell which controls the xywrite settings (nor could I under W98). And they appear to be different (as they were different under W98).
Bob, First you need to install the new fonts, the Sieber ones or the fonts included in the attachment I posted with my message (http://xywrite.org/msg00108.htm). Unzip the fonts to a directory, then go to the Control Panel, Fonts, Install new fonts (and navigate to the directory where you have unzipped the fonts). It's easy. Second, you need to select the proper matrix in your PIF FONTS tab ("Both" checked). Please read the message I pointed yesterday. According to the resolution you're using, different sizes are available. Then let us know. Best regards, Manuel Castelao