XYWIN CUSTOMI

XY-> In his list of things he would like documentation on, Chet Gottfried also
 -> said: "Finally: An option for a better "expanded" font."

XY-> Personally I agree completely with you, unfortunately it isn't quite so
 -> simple. When the product was originally built, the decision was made to us
 -> a monospaced font for draft and mode. Windows does not make many monospaced
 -> fonts available, however, and the one you see is basically it.

This is inaccurate. The standard font collection for Windows use
is provided in the fonts section of win.ini (which includes
Courier), not the system.ini fonts. And the former is far easier
for a user to manipulate.

And if not that, Courier in its various forms via PSB (ATM) or
TTF is common enough. And far more readable.

So it seems to me it's a question of redirecting the call, rather
than a major rewrite: at least for a good temporary solution.

--Chet

P.S. If a major rewrite is in the planning, I'd hope you'd drop
Speedo. Monotype's PSB superfont(s) would be far more consistent
and still allow a wealth of characters.
--- ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx