XYWIN CUSTOMI

XY-> Chet Gottfried mentioned "Consider Visual Basic". Do you mean consider
 -> producing XyWrite as a VBX or do you mean consider incorporating a Visual
 -> Basic as an XPL substitute, or something else.

XY-> This is something we are interested in.

It wasn't what I had intended, but it's certainly an interesting
concept. Visual Basic provides an easy programming environment
(though its native 64K limit on a text box doesn't inspire).
Microhelp, in last year's catalog, had two sets of tools (at $149
and $495) which breaks the 64K barrier and offers the basic shell
for a word processor. (And $495 plus the time investment is a
long way to go for a custom word processor for an individual).

My thought was to break down the 799K DLG (and related files)
into documented components, in which one could put together the
word processor of one's dreams.

If there is a market for custom word processors (and Microhelp
seems to indicate that), such a procedure would seem to be
competitive--and useful.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx