Re: vDosXy on OS X

Myron,
BTW: *Is* there any "automated" way to test performance speed for an installation of XyWrite-DOS?
If you're running Xy4 + U2, there's an ancient routine called TLOOPS
that will give you a rough-and-ready comparison. Open an Untitled
screen and command TLOOPS. You may need to up the
Machine_Speed setting in XYWWWEB.REG. The default value is 2500, which
is probably too low for today's machines. (I wrote TLOOPS 20 years
ago!). I just tried it with Machine_Speed=10000, comparing XyWrite
running natively under 32-bit Windows 7 with vDosXy under the same
32-bit Windows 7. My subjective impression has been that XyWrite runs
noticeably slower in vDos, but still quite acceptably fast on my
machines. I was astonished, though, when TLOOPS reported that vDosXy
is 18 times slower! Still, I'm fine with it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx