Re: Update on keyboard problem with Xy3 under OS/2

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:10:26 +0900

> Renaming the defined keys in the *.kbd file worked at first, but then
> it began to generate some spectaular errors -- random blocks of
> defined text, insertion of spurious MD UL commands at every single
> carriage return in the text, complete rejection of all keyboard input,
> etc. -- so I went back to the original key names.

> On a hunch, I stopped the RC5-DES code-block cracking client that had
> been running in the background, and all problems went away. So now
> I'm running the RC5-DES cracking client only at night, and so far
> (after two weeks) everything seems to be okay.

Huh? What is "everything"? Which of these two things was the actual problem?
Your msg sheds zero light. If the second issue (RC5-DES) is the source
of your problem, then what is the relevance of KBD naming -- why say that "it
[key renaming] began to generate errors" if RC5-DES was the culprit?

I've had wierd names for my KBD shifting keys for ten years, and I've never had
ANY problem.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx