Re: how to get back deleted material?

--- On Thu, 4/1/10, mje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  wrote:

> > I'm also wondering about the value of some of these
> Undelete
> > programs, like Recuva ?
>
>      Does that work similarly to the
> disk-editing utility that used to be in Norton
> Utilities?  I am myself looking for something like
> that.
>      I'll have a look for that one.

I don't know -- haven't checked it out yet. There are two or
three of these programs that I've bookmarked in the last year
or so, intending to give them a look. One of them may even
be free.

I recall the one from Norton as being pretty good, but the last
time I used the Norton Suite was something like version 4.5,
back in the DOS era, and before they arguably began going
downhill with that package.

As I believe this type of utility would have real value to
those on this list, if I find out anything useful I'll follow
up on it here.

 Jordan