Re: On DOS, Tech. Suport, & UltraVision {was: Re: Xywrite + Win-2000}

Thomas J Hawley wrote:

> There was a version of Ultravision for laptops, but the program was first
> released for desktop monitors. It was (and is) useful there because you can
> replace the usual DOS system font with something better, and get better control
> of screen colors. It could also be used to put more rows and columns on the
> screen.

That's good to know, but I'd still like to hear if UV has any continuing usefulness
in these days of TFT displays on laptops and as flat panel monitors for desktops.
If the answer is 'Yes', and it is true that the Co. that sold this product is no
more, I'd love to find another source for obtaining it. I was able to track down a
Russian ftp site that claimed to have UV (along with a lot of other dubious
freebies) but it looked like there was no way to get there from here.

The last version of UV I could find any reference to was 2.12. No idea if this
was a laptop-only version, or not.

Jordan