Re: help! (O.T. Reply)

Indeed. The reasons that I always cite are that with all your data in one
place, not merely will you be more likely to be able to fit it all on one
piece of medium, but:
1. Backing up is easier; just write a batch file or VBScript to Xcopy
e:\*.* /s to one's backup medium.
2. When (not if) Windows corrupts itself (bitrot, I saw someone call
it--a very good name), you can reformat and reinstall on C: with your
data safe on d: (or E: in the case of those of us still running DOS
apps). You should likewise store any downloaded applications, patches,
and drivers on a separate partition, for ease of installing and
reinstalling.

When I'm explaining this to other women I always say, "You wouldn't store
your china, pots and pans, and groceries all in the oven, would you?" The
masculine analogy is the workshop, I suppose, but I suspect a lot of guys
_do_ lump their tools; nails, screws, brads, and staples; and odd pieces
of lumber all in one jumble.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx