Re: Excel to XY

I get sharing violation messages when the same file is open in a Microsoft
product on the same computer or on the network and I try to save or store
in XyWrite.

At 03:41 PM 8/16/01 -0400, you wrote:
A couple of years back, this list helped me figure out how
to convert Excel files to Xywrite, and for a while things
went swimmingly.

On the past three Excel files that I received from the same
client, however, I get "sharing violation" on the command
line in Xy if I try to save or store after editing a
converted file. All xywrite allows me to do is abort, which
of course leaves me with an unedited file. I can work around
this by copying the unedited file into a new file and
editing there, but this gets kinda tedious when you're
working with 40-50 files.

Anybody got any idea what I or the sender might be doing
wrong?

I'm using Xydos 4.018 with Win98 and Excel97 SR-1. The
sender is using the Excel in Office Suite 97 (seems to me we
are both using the same version of Excel and calling it by
its different names). Both of us swear we have not changed
anything in any of the pertinent programs.

Thanks for your help.
Judith Davidsen