Cursor problem with xyiii in w2k

I have recently ungraded (or perhaps it is downgraded) from win98 to
win2000 (clean install).  My XyWrite IIIplus seems to work fine in w2k
except for the cursor.  If I hold down the right or left cursor key the
cursor jumps along by about 5 or 6 (hard to count) characters at a
time.  If I hold down the up or down cursor key it jump scrolls about 5 or
6 lines at a time.  If I push a cursor key quickly and let it go it goes
normally 1 character or 1 line at a time.  I've tried changing all kinds
of things in the PIF file properties but nothing has helped.  Anyone have
any ideas?
Gene Trudeau