Re: Cursor problem with xyiii in w2k

Gene and Carol Trudeau wrote:

> I have recently ungraded (or perhaps it is downgraded) from win98 to
> win2000 (clean install).  My XyWrite IIIplus seems to work fine in w2k
> except for the cursor.  If I hold down the right or left cursor key the
> cursor jumps along by about 5 or 6 (hard to count) characters at a
> time.  If I hold down the up or down cursor key it jump scrolls about 5 or
> 6 lines at a time.  If I push a cursor key quickly and let it go it goes
> normally 1 character or 1 line at a time.  I've tried changing all kinds
> of things in the PIF file properties but nothing has helped.  Anyone have
> any ideas?

We-el, NT, '95 _and_ '98 have a "keyboard" icon in control panel. There's a
slider that that allows you to adjust the keyboard repeat rate. I would suppose
that 2000 has that or something similar.

Worth a shot, anyhow.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)