Re: Windows 10 considerations

Hi Otis, and to whom else it may concern,

Thanks for the tip. The link you provided, and a few others I
followed, indicate that the "metered" option applies only to wireless
networks. Mine is cabled.

Unfortunately, I see no alternative but to continue to monitor all
outgoing dns queries with Wireshark and then block the MS servers' IP
addresses on the (Cisco external) firewall (I wouldn't trust the
built-in MS firewall to inhibit its own update propensity). This will
be tedious, but thorough. I am compiling a list of update servers'
URLs and their IP addresses, which I shall post to this forum in due
course.