XYWIN CUSTOMI

XY-> > Re the Windows character set, I'd hate to see xyWin shift from one rather

XY-> I agree with annie. I think it would also be majorly useful if Tech Group
 -> supplied keyboard files that had the Mac character set.

Hi, Leslie,

I once ordered a font family from Monotype, which came with the
Mac character set and no kerning pairs. I let Monotype know, and
it sent me kerning sets but kept the Mac sequence. The person
told me that Mac was better because it had more characters.

I sent back a fax, which went something like, "Has Monotype been
taken over by space aliens!?" with various extra characters. I
repeated the line using the PC sequence and the
Mac sequence. The latter was unintelligible.

It was one of my more humorous faxes, I thought.

You can use the Mac sequence, but it won't be especially
intelligible on a PC.

Hopefully, one day, both will be combined in a 511-size set,
which could accommodate a fuller range of characters, rather than
jumping between normal and expert sets.

--Chet

---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx