RE: off-topic: curly brackets

"Curly brackets" are normally termed "braces" and function as parentheses.
I think the only reason you are seeing them in casual print is that they
appear on the IBM American keyboard. Unless you are presenting programming
or linguistics, I'd forego them in writing.

Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx