Re: Dos Box creepers and more

At 11/7/2002 11:27 PM -0500, Martin J. Osborne wrote:
At work do you have Virtual PC or VMWare? Does it work well? Can one use XyWrite, running in the W98 virtual machine, to edit all files (including ones on the W2K machine? Can you cut an paste between programs running under different OSs? Is switching between XyWrite on the W98 to a program running under W2K as simple as pressing alt-Tab as in a single OS system?
Sysop chose Virtual PC, which, I gather, is more ubiquitous in the *educational* market -- which is to say our campus computer store stocks it at a discount. He plans to install it Tuesday and I will take this e-mail with your questions and put it in front of him next week when he gives the program a run. Thanks. Michael Norman
-- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne