Speed Issues (was: Slow performing xywrite)

OHammond@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> As some background, we have approx 150 users using Xywrite 3.58B on PII's
> (mainly 266) running NT4.0 and having between 32 and 128MB ram.

You never mentioned if these were desktops or laptops (sounds like a network,
so more likely the former). The running under NT is also a wild card. I can
only tell you that there can be various issues running any DOS or Win-16
program under NT. I haven't noticed 4.018 or XyWin running any slower than
other such app.s under NT here.

Turning to another speed problem at the other end of the scale, no one had any
comment on the question I posed awhile ago about running Xy on a fast
processor. I know for sure that there are no problems at P-II / 450 mhz., but
I sure don't want to upgrade to a faster processor only to discover that Xy
will no longer load, as has occurred with a couple other app.s of similar
vintage. My guess is that Xy4DOS, because it is written in Assembler, may be
spared that fate, but it would be great to know that for sure in advance.

Jordan