Re: your subject headers and spam/Xywrite: zc=Zero Capitalization

** Reply to message from ArtL7@xxxxxxxx on Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:44:23 EST

> Dear list-serve members: can you please considering make clear in your
> subject headers that your query or comments have something to do with Xywrite,
> otherwise our spam filters will block your e-mail, and also block other e-mail
> emanating from the list-serve @ccat.sas.upenn.edu. An example: zc=Zero
> Capitalization. I thought it was junk, until I opened it.

zc=Zero Capitalization is assuredly "about" XyWrite. How should the header
read, if zc=Zero Capitalization is, in fact, the Subject? Applying spam
filters makes no sense here. This is a closed maillist, since about a year
ago. Commercial spammers can't post to it (unless they subscribe in order to
spam -- in which case they will not survive long).

But if by "spam" you mean off-topic messages, then that's a different kettle of
fish...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx