Re: Tame con't

At 10:42 AM 4/11/2006, Harry Binswanger wrote:
1. I get no dialogue box when I right click on the title bar of a running instance of TAME and choose COLOR CHANGE. (I have a general problem with colors in DOS--I can't get, for instance, black on bright white. I think I've changed something in the general default for DOS, and I don't know where. Xy under TAME comes up grey and green--but this can be fixed by different MD settings in SETTINGS.DFL.)

Supposed to be *left click* on the icon to the extreme left in the title bar.
What's the difference? Either way brings up the same menu. Wait--I'm wrong.
There are three different conditions (amazingly)
  1. Left click on icon on title bar: brings up a two-column dialogue
box, with "Troubleshooting," "Tame setting files," "Color Change," and
several other things.
  2. Right click on title bar: brings up a less complete dialogue box,
and "Color Change" does not do anything.
  3. Right click in text area: brings up the same menu as (2) but now
"Color Change" does bring up its own dialogue box of color settings. But
there doesn't seem to be any effect of using "Color Change"--it lets you
define a custom color, but so what?
After I redefined MD NM to 240 in SETTINGS.DFL, I have a beautiful text
area in Tame-Xy. And for some inexplicable reason, things seem better
behaved after using your batch-file approach to loading Tame for Xy use.
Am I right that, at least when the .PIF launches a .BAT file, the "Fonts"
setting in the .PIF is irrelevant?
2. The ctrl-J doesn't work regardless of the settings of delays in Xywrite.app.tam. I can change the speed at which characters are output, but not get it do realize that the ctrl key is still being held down.

What's your key assignment for ctrl-j. I'll try it.

Table=CTRLX
36=ll

Pretty simple, eh?!
Thanks, Michael ... I'm getting to like the Tame screen. If only the ctrl-j repeat thing can be fixed.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx