Re: Tame con't

At 02:00 PM 4/12/2006, Harry Binswanger wrote:
3. Right click in text area: brings up the same menu as (2) but now "Color Change" does bring up its own dialogue box of color settings. But there doesn't seem to be any effect of using "Color Change"--it lets you define a custom color, but so what?
Okay, progress. Now, call up those two dialogs again, then
View-->Color Adjustment-. Click, *Reset to defaults.* This should
instantly return to the background to XY's original cerulean blue
background. Now, pick a color from the *Basic colors* group of colors
and click on it. That color will appear in the larger box marked
*color* which is to the left of the three temperature value boxes.
Use the slider to adjust it. Click *Add to custom colors.* Now go to
the two rows of custom colors and highlight (click) on the color you
have just created. Now, to finish, click *okay.* And the color should
instantly take effect. When you quit XY TAME will automatically save
that setting for you.
After I redefined MD NM to 240 in SETTINGS.DFL, I have a beautiful text area in Tame-Xy. And for some inexplicable reason, things seem better behaved after using your batch-file approach to loading Tame for Xy use.
Okay, here's what D. Thomas said about the difference in behavior
between a .lnk to TAME and a .pif. (Remember, if you created a
shortcut to (from) the .bat file, you are ipso facto creating a .lnk
and TAME, according to DT, wants a .pif. David Thomas writes:
*Actually, a lnk is treated differently by Tame. In efect, tame will
always see the _default.pif, and you will lose the ability for
shortcut specific settings.* I get part of that, but not all of it.
Main, point, use the .pif; simply create that shortcut to editor.exe
then in the cmd line put [XY].bat. David also said this: *With the
latest update, create a tame.ini file in the settings folder, and
use the following so Tame wil mo load with dos apps wiyth no pif:

[_default.pif]
EnableTame=F

He lost me a bit here, but what the heck, try it.
Am I right that, at least when the .PIF launches a .BAT file, the "Fonts" setting in the .PIF is irrelevant?

Superfluous perhaps because you have a lot more choices in the TAME console.
2. The ctrl-J doesn't work regardless of the settings of delays in Xywrite.app.tam. I can change the speed at which characters are output, but not get it do realize that the ctrl key is still being held down.
Okay, so we're really down to this anomaly, right. Did you send David
a note about this?
What's your key assignment for ctrl-j. I'll try it.

Table=CTRLX
36=ll

Hm. I put LL in

TABLE=
101=LL
I duplicated your key call and the result was: the cursor backspaced instead of going to the end of the line, as it should. Harry, perhaps the problem is that particular assignment in TAME, which is to say asking a letter key to accomplish cursor movement. Try my assignment and see what happens.

michael.norman@xxxxxxxx