Re: Colours issue...

Pat and Carl:

Thank you very much for the help with the cursor problem I
was having. As always, Carl's suggestion worked fine.

I don't know what I did to bring this about, and I spend very
little time experimenting with XY4 when things are working
the way I have come to expect them to work, but a few days
back, my cursor changed shape and colour. Rather than a
medium underline style binking cursor, it became a large
rectangle on the small side and of a different colour from
what I was used to, with no blink. I was able to change the
colour of the rectangle, but not the shape. And since I
never in the past chose to have a medium underline style cursor,
I did not know of the D CR=0 command that would lead me back to
the cursor type I had become used to. Strange. But there
were things stranger still. I use Tame (ver. 7), and my italics
on-screen font, changed too. The italic font background colour
changed from deep blue (which is the normal background
colour of my screen) to green. Now, as I look at the colour
table, it seems that the background of the normal italic font could
never have been deep blue, since this is not possible accord-
ing to the colour table. But I know that it very much was.
So what happened to bring my past situation about? I haven't
a clue. I'm trying to investigate that, but very cautiously, since
I don't want to ruin the setup I currently have, a setup that is
not ideal, but much better than it was yesterday.

In any case, many thanks to both of you for helping.

M.W. Poirier