from the ancient masters:

From: Robert Holmgren
>CAll your current KBD
>file. Comment out, in each table, the "90=" line -- that means, put a
semi-colon in
>front of the ";90". Put a new line in that reads as follows:
>
>90=BC,9,0
>
>Put that line in EACH of your tables -- even if there is no spec for key
#90 in a
>table. SAve the KBD file. Re-load it (LDKBD command).
>
>The _test_ determines whether your system recognizes the pause key or not,
>in the various different shifting states available to you -- unshifted pause,
>Shift-Pause, Ctrl-Pause, Alt-Pause, etc etc. If the key is recognized,
then what
>will happen is the command line will clear (func BC), and the numerals "90"
will be
>put on the CMline.

Done. What happens now when I hit the pause key: first, absolutely nothing.
Then,
if I hit ANY other key, the cursor jumps to the command line where 90 is now
displayed. From you have written, this would indicate that Pause is usable in
Xywrite, but maybe not in an unshifted state?

I am eagerly awaiting new instructions,

Bob
Bob Zimmerman
13909 Briarwood Drive, #323