Re: Northgate Keyboards

As an unreconstructed and unrepentant lefthand function key fanatic, I've
transferred my old Northgate keyboard (seven years and counting) through
two computer upgrades since the old Northgate 386SX that the keyboard
originally came with. I'm a lefty and a touch-typist, and there's just
no other function-key arrangement that makes sense as far as I'm
concerned. I'm glad to hear that Northgate keyboards apparently are
still available--someone recently told me they thought the company
might be out of business--but disturbed by the news that they may no
longer be as good as the one I have). It's also great that there are a
couple of other options in the Gateway and Pro-KEY keyboards. At least one
local computer store told me no one was making lefthand F keys anymore.

Many thanks to the person who posted the address and phone #s for
Northgate. Could someone do the same for Gateway and MaxiSwitch (ProKEY)?
And what does the ProKEY sell for these days?

Pam Upton
Assistant Managing Editor
Univ. of N.C. Press
upton1@xxxxxxxx