Re: Using Eudora to answer emails...

Bob,

I don't work exactly this way. I work with regular email in Eudora itself,
using a macro program (AutoHotkey) to make Win programs like Eudora almost
as easy to work with as Xy.

I run a moderated email listserv on Ayn Rand's philosophy, and I use the
Xy-Eudora combo with it for two purposes: 1. generating form emails with
some variables in it (e.g., "Dear :

Thank you for joining the list. Your subscription is good through ."

2. Converting about 15 posts a day to primitive HTML format for posting
them to a website.

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger wrote: >You are using Eudora? Then why not do your email differently in Xy, as I >do. Eudora works with plain text files. You can write the email in Xy, save >it with a name ending in .mbx, such as TEMP.MBX, then open Eudora and it >will create for you the corresponding .toc file, transfer it (in Eudora) to >the OUT box, and send it on its merry way. Hi Harry, I remember your earlier post, and thought about trying your method. I didn't do it, however, because it sounded like it took too many keystrokes. And since I have Eudora open all the time, I don't think your method would work as efficiently for me as it does for you. The way I do it now, one keystroke with my Win98 macro program creates a reply message in Eudora, cuts the quoted text to the clipboard, opens Xy4, then pastes the text into an open Xy4 file. After I am done writing a second keystroke (assigned to an Xy4 key) saves this file, clips the text into the clipboard, and then closes Xy4. A third Win98 macro pastes the text into Eudora and sends the email. (When I was using Nota Bene, I actually only needed one keystroke to send, since I could use my Win98 macro program to cut the text from NB and then paste the text into Eudora.) If you can do it in fewer keystrokes, however, I am interested. All the best, Bob __________________________ 4708 Montgomery Place Beltsville, Maryland 20705 301-937-0394 See my books and essays at: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3cxxp/zimbib.htm
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx