From: Michael Norman
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: 1/13/2002 5:40 PM
Subject: MSWord Print

Though this is slightly out of the list's ken, some of us in MsWord
shops
work in XyDos and Word and often to expedite things print short docs
from
Word. I have an HP Laserjet IIIP and in XyDos Courier prints dark and
clear. In MSWord, the same font (Courier New matches the XyDos courier)
prints much lighter, as if the DOS courier has a bit of bold to it and
the
MS courier does not. I've tried changing the printer settings --
downloading fonts alternately as bitmaps and graphics, increasing the
intensity of the graphics setting and so on. Can't get the MsWord
Courier,
either the Courier New or the monospaced plain courier, to print dark
like
the (bitmap is it?) courier that came with XyDos. Any ideas?

Michael Norman
micheal.norman@xxxxxxxx