Equations, etc. in XyWrite

Does anyone know of a good equation editor that can be used within
XyWrite (either version 4 for DOS or XyWrite for Windows)? I like to
take notes on technical articles (economics) that often involve
equations, integrals, derivatives, etc. While some simple math is easy
and straightforward in XyWrite (subscripts and superscripts) and it's
often possible to get the "right" expression with various sets of
parentheses, those are not always great solutions. (Consider compound
fractions, for just one example.) I sometimes use Scientific
Word/Workplace, a sort of user-friendly front end for TeX - and I
sometimes use the equation editor in Word - but both force me to give up
the many advantages (and speed) of XyWrite. Moreover, I don't really
need the computational abilities of Scientific Workplace most of the
time, just its ability to format math nicely.

I realize that this question may be more appropriate for XyWin - and
that it may, therefore, be "heretical" to some. (My apologies!)

Any thoughts on reasonably priced commercial software, shareware, or
freeware of this sort?

Jeff Daskin
ajdaskin@xxxxxxxx