Re: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

At 09:34 AM 12/17/00 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Maybe it's a factor of hardly ever using Auto-replace (guess I agree with
>Carl that it's just too distracting),

You must be kidding! Surely there must be some words/phrases that you type
repeatedly during your working life? I could not live without it.

but I'm having trouble seeing how this
>matters a lot. If the word comes up often enough, it could be treated
>directly in the replacement list file, no ?

I do not understand what you mean. The castration of XY 3.56 meant that you
always had to press an *additional* key to make any replace work. Terribly
distracting. I intensely hate the person who brought the lawsuit at the
time, and his greedy lawyers.
Did he ever get his pay-off?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)