Re: Thinking the unthinkable

Well, from what I understand, the emulated DOS on a PowerMac should be
comparable to -- at least -- a 386, and probably as fast as a 486.
Depending, of course, which version of the PowerMac you get, how much RAM,
etc. But it's not "unthinkable" at all -- in fact, I feel very much the same
temptation. If I were to do it, I'd make sure it was the newest one with the
PCI bus. But then, I just bought a new motherboard which will accept a PPC
cpu, so I guess I won't get a PowerMac, as nice as they are. I get to play
with ones at work, but not having a command line prompt sure feels weird.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!