Re: NBWin and U2 routine GetXyOs workaround

Robert
I can (and happily will,
if you're interested) give you code snippets that work in some contexts and
bomb in others, with utter unreliability and unpredictability.

Please do. As you know, I've tried testing a lot of version 112 U2 routines in NB6, but in the most primitive way - just F9 [routine name, e.g. 'days'] [helpkey], and see what happens. Some things worked, some didn't, some crashed NB. (I sent Carl a list; I guess he sent it to you.) I'll try to test your code snippets - but I can only write v. simple programs, so you may be testing the code on a racetrack, while I chug along uneventfully at 20 m.p.h. But I'm happy to do whatever I can in my Model T fashion.

  And even when they DO work, when I subsequently try to shut NBWin down, I get a trap in SWS.DLL.

What is a trap? What is SWS.DLL? I don't have one. I'm running the Lingua version of NB6, so I looked for a LWS.DLL, but there's no such beast. Do you by any chance mean SWSYS.DLL?

And what version of NB are you running? Under NB5.x, one needed to run NBZAP.EXE after a forced program closure, to get rid of hungover DLLs. NB6.0 and the beta of 6.1 (which I'm using) run NBZAP.EXE automatically at startup.

Mary

Mary Bernard
mary_bernard@xxxxxxxx