Re: XyWrite and TFT displays

flash wrote:
still get only the default of 25 lines of text although the window has
38 lines. The properties in both PIFs are identical. Both running on the
same PC, of course. Go figure. Perhaps there is some other setting in
Xy4 I have overlooked.
You know, I didn't actually count lines. I just observed
that I could access all the lines on the screen. (Under
W98SE, when I rebooted, after idiotically forgetting to
reset settings.dfl, you CANNOT set Screen length to 28 in
the pif properties screen; there are only a couple of
options and that's not one of them. So when I opened Xy, the
bottom of my screen was inaccessible, until I reset Default
SL.) I will double check, but right now I cannot use Tbird
at home (this is sent from the office) because my user ID
and password in 98 got reset by something, and in restoring
them I trashed my Tbird setup. One really should not let
Windows store one's passwords, but who wants to type them in
all the time?
By the by, with all this concern for the variously
challenged, why on earth cannot one turn off that idiotic
"feature" that won't let you see what password you're
typing? NOBODY is looking over my shoulder when I'm entering
a password. And I cannot be sure what I've typed unless I
can see it.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx