Re: NB Beta?

At 05:17 PM 3/20/2006, Harry Binswanger wrote:
NB 8 Beta can't do long filenames.
As David Kronenfeld pointed out, you're correct; from the command line you
can't invoke long file names. You have to use NB's WIN file manager.
Ah, you mean the "open file" dialogue, that brings up an explorer-like
two-paned window? That is pretty good.
>Also re NB 8 Beta, I very often get into a situation in which the cursor won't go to the >command line without mousing it there. The keystroke that puts out BC simply doesn't work >in several situations--e.g., just after the error box mentioned above comes up. If I use the >mouse to insert a cursor on the command line, functionality is restored.
When you get that error, try hitting enter, then F9. This gets me
immediately to the command line.
Yes! God knows why (F9 in NB has XC on it), and the first time I tried it I
got a General Protection Fault that closed NB, but even that was after it
went to the command line. I'm grateful for small things.

Thanks!
Michael Norman

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx