RE: Shipping Cost for the Smartwords Beta Release

>We will probably offer several alternatives, including mail if that is what
>the customer wishes. The problem is that mail has no tracing facility, so
>one of the tradeoffs for lower cost is a risk that the package gets lost. If
>a customer is willing to assume that risk we're happy to do it-- we don't
>get a piece of DHL's or UPS' action!
>K.

I don't know about the US, but both in Europe and Japan, the post office
offers "EMS", which is cheap, almost as fast as UPS, and tracable.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"It is astonishing that those who spent decades recounting the
--'lessons of Vietnam' have themselves failed to heed those lessons."
--J.Schlesinger "I didn't inhale." B.Clinton