Re: Printing from XyW3

If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free download from Adobe) and a
PostScript printer driver for Xy 3, you could try getting PDF creator
($29 by calling 1-800-903-4152, 9am-5pm; they'll give you a URL and
reference number, and the download is not too big). Load the Postscript
driver, Printf to a file, being sure to use the extension .ps; then run
that file through. PDF creator, and print it out from Acrobat reader
(make sure your regular Windows driver for your printer is loaded). If
you're a compulsive perfectionist like me, who is always seeing one last
thing she has to fix, you'll have the annoyance of doing it over and over
a few times, but it will surely cost less than finding a second-hand
DOS-capable printer. Actually, most of the Epsons are DOS-capable and can
"emulate" older dot-matrix models, so I agree that the problem is
probably in Windows. Remember that Windows doesn't really use the IRQs of
printer ports; a DOS app that's trying to print to the IRQ will get
noplace.
	I still have the original XyW 3 disks, though I haven't used that
version for years, and a PC with 5-inch and 3-inch drives. If the disks
are still readable (big If), i could probalby get a PS driver for you and
send it off list. Good luck.
Patricia