Printing from XyWin under OTVDM

Dear Wengier

I have been trying to set up a system to print from XyWin under OTVDM that sends the printer output as a pdf to my default pdf viewer, as happens under VDosPlus when using the GhostPCL system. I can send my printer output to a Windows Ghostscript printer which I can then redirect to Ghostscript. The latter will generate a pdf but only as a file; it will not send it to the viewer. Edward Mendelson has a program called PrintFilePrinter which should be able to pick this up and send to the viewer and I am currently trying to get that working with his assistance.

My question for you is whether there would be a simple way to implement the same system used in VdosPlus to send printer output directly to a viewer. I have no idea how the VdosPlus system works and neither do I understand how GhostPCL works (there seems to be no documentation that I can find) so I cannot discover how it might be adapted to this end.

Thanks

Paul