Re: SUBROUTINES

If I might jump in here .... the advice to put the function NO at the end of
the subroutine is good advice. That's because there is a bug in subroutines
that if the last thing in the subr. is a close command (followed of course by
the close command to close the subroutine), you get the message EXTRA START
COMMAND. For instance, the subroutine reads:
 ≪SU95,≪IF≪PV01≫==2≫........≪EI≫ ≫
                    ^---this is the problem.

So sticking an NO (or any other function call) in between those two close
commands circumvents the problem. NO is recommended because it is benign.
Actually, you can even use a space. It just gets swallowed by the program. NO
is nice because it will never hurt the routine, even if the bug gets fixed, and
because I find it forms a nice visual cue about where the subroutine ends.

---chris