Re: Windoze questions

On Tue, 7 Feb 1995 09:03:08 -0500 (EST), nsivin@xxxxxxxx
(Nathan Sivin) wrote:
> Harmon:
> > This is just my naivete showing again, but what about the Corel Draw
> v. 3.2 (if I remember correctly) for OS/2 that has been advertised for
> some time? Isn't that a real OS/2 application? I was thinking of

  Well, if you can find one. And I think it's v. 2.5, not v.
3.2, but there might have been another upgrade. I haven't found
one, and just bought the windoz version 3 cdrom to use for an upgrade to v. 6 for
OS/2 when it comes out. Got it for $50. Also picked up Aldus
Pagemaker v. 3.01 for OS/2 since I'm taking a class this semester that uses
Pagemaker.
  You are right about the complaints over Corel v. 5 -- people are very unhappy.
  As a side note -- I spent 3 hours last night in the
UW-Milwaukee's vaunted SLIS computer lab learning about -- guess
what? -- windoz, and windoz apps. Even the computer illiterates
(most of the class) were groaning over the glacial slowness of
windoz, it's major problem with responding to clicking on a icon
(average about 3-5 tries, whereas
OS/2 usually hits the first time) and the crashing of Mosaic over
 and over. And the graphics --- people were saying "What's the
point of this -- it's so bad, why subject kids to it?"
  I was smirking all night. 8-) Now I have to start working on
the staff to convert to Warp!

Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

All is impermanent -- and this too shall pass away.