Re: Lines in Startup.Int

Carl Distefano wrote:

> -> I'll double-check on this and get back to you. But I think
> -> so, because I was reading the frame in another window -- I
> -> thought from the .INF file -- and wondering why it wasn't
> -> pulled up by HELP.
>
> You have to copy XYWWWEB.INF to the directory indicated in the first
> User Variable in frame {{5Help,Link}}; by default, it's the same
> directory as EDITOR.EXE. Check to see that you have the latest
> version of .INF in that directory.

Thanks, Carl. This turned out to be the cause. I have two Xy4DOS
installs on separate partitions. (One was originally 4.015, the other
4.017, but that is now moot, since they have both been patched to
4.018.) I had left one as "standard," and had made the other one
"experimental" for use with the XYWWWEB .U2 files, which reside in a
sub-dir. Maybe that's no good, and those file should be in the parent
dir. ? Anyway, I had more than one .U2 or .INF file. Not sure how this
happened, but that variable -- which I did not know about until you
mentioned it -- must have been pointing to one of the older files. (I
like to keep older versions of key files around for awhile, until I'm
sure that everything is working out with the new version. Even then I
like to archive the older ones off somewhere. Call it "packrat-itis.")
I will now adjust that frame variable accordingly.

Jordan