Re: American Heritage Dictionary

I've used the American Heritage Dictionary, but mine is included in Microsoft
Bookshelf, so as far as interfacing with XY, I don't think it
applies. I thought it was an allright dictionary but definitely
like my new Websters a lot more. It was $69.95 -- no cdrom,
which I don't want anyway, because a cdrom version is just
waaaaaaay to slow. I've seen the AHD running on a Mac, the
CD-ROM version, and wasn't at all impressed. Still, for $29.95,
it would be worth a try. Both the Webster's and the Random House
are better print dictionaries, however, in terms of numbers of
references, and in terms of being a bit more respected as far as
authority -- what I just learned this semester in one of my
library science classes.