Re: Versions of Xy2pdf

Robert Holmgren wrote:
Robert, do you want the gory details, or should you just rather forget about this pathetic excuse for an opsys?

Yes to both.
You want to know what happened, but you'd really like to forget about 9x? Well, I'd like to chuck Gatesware in toto, but...

First, there was no interim version. 7/9/06 directly followed 9/13/05.
OK, good to know that.
Second, I only made one tiny change to the code, and it has NOTHING to do with
Win9x or any operating system. It's this:
Yes, I did file compare on the two versions and that
was what I found.
It's simply not possible that this change could affect the operation of the
frame under any operating system. Your problem lies elsewhere.
Then it must be hardware-related, but I say that so often (King Charles's head) and then it turns out not to be.
That said, sure, I'm curious: what's wrong?
When I command Xy2PDF myfile (which works fine under the older version) I get a little box in the middle of the screen saying that the application has "performed an illegal operation"; when I click on details I'm told "the program tried to execute an invalid instruction: Fault location 1B74:6924" and when I click OK, Xy is closed and I'm dumped back at the Windows desktop.
Let me paste it back in and 1) try it running
full-screen and 2) see if the address of that Fault
location is always the same. I should also check it on
the 98 Initial Release and W2K boxes (both of which
have far less RAM and general resources than this; W2K
CRAWLS on that Duron box, esp. when booting). Any other
suggestions for debugging? I DO have EMS memory on this
box--lots of it. And main memory is NOT shared with the
VGA adaptor.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx