Xy/Win Mailmerge Problem

Well, there is a god. After over a month of leaving messages, TGI tech support
just called about my mailmerge problem which, briefly, was that when I tried to
do a mailmerge printing, all that would come out is a single copy of the main
file.

The support person, Brian, said it was a known bug and they would send a fix
disk. I'd also had a problem with the user (special) character set not
"sticking" from session to session despite checking the "make changes
permanent" box. Brian said this was a known bug as well and would be included
in the fix disk.

Actually I have a list of about twenty bugs (at least from my perspective) but
I was so stunned at actually getting a call back that I couldn't remember what
I'd done with it or what the next most annoying one was. Brian assured me that
there were a bunch of fixes and most or all were probably on the disk.

So if any other XyWin 4.1 or 4.11 users among you are struggling with what may
be bugs, you might want to call and get the fix disk(s). BTW, one trick I've
learned is that if you can't get through to tech support, usually you can get
through to sales (which has a somewhat negative connotation). Sales staff also
can send out fix disks.

Jimmy Diecker
Latin American Institute
University of New Mexico-Albuquerque diecker@xxxxxxxx