WORDPERFECT TO XY

XY-> Jack Shafer:

XY-> XyQuest helped me solve this problem ages ago, but I've forgotten the
 -> solution.

XY-> I am vexed by the hyphens from some WordPerfect 5.1 files that are actually
 -> 2D in hex and appear as ^2D when converted to XyWrite and flowed into Quark
 -> Does anybody know a quick remedy for making all hyphens regular hyphens --
 -> either on the WP side or the XyWrite side? (I've been stripping the XyWrite
 -> files to ascii and seaching and replacing 2D with a hyphen.)

Has that happened to you too, Jack? It tripped me over recently
when I had converted a Xy 3+ file to WP (via Ventura) in order to
save into a number of different formats for CIS usage. I couldn't
figure out where the 2Ds were coming from. In my case, the
hyphens looked like hyphens but behaved otherwise. In the end a
simple ci with hex 2D or (ascii decimal 45) to - changed all to
proper hyphens.

For Quark, I prefer XTG files to Xy (same thing, really); just be
sure to delete all soft hyphens and begin with at least one tag
name (if your files aren't totally tagged).

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx