Re: screen fonts

Well, I am now one of the hapless many trying to wrestle with screen
problems. I finally upgraded my monitor to a 17-inch one, so that I could
set resolution to 600X800 and not have to scroll all over when looking at
a Web page (not to mention the apps that I couldn't run at all, because
some vital button was off the bottom of the screen). XyWDOs, which had
been behaving beautifully at 640X480, is now a mess visually. I prefer to
run it in a window, but not merely are all the fonts hideous, I cannot
get graphic mode: when I hit Shift-F8 it goes full screen (and the "page"
shrinks to 5 or 6 lines). This is with the same VGA card as before (a
Trident AGP), so I suspect XY simply doesn't know about higher
resolutions. I thought I had a solution in the driver that came with the
VGA card and let one set resolution from the command line, but when I
tried making the XY pif DOS-mode and including that command in its
autoexec.bat, the screen went black. (The same command worked fine when
booted to the DOS prompt and issued from the command line!)
	Numlock: check your BIOS setup; there's usually a setting there for
having it on or off. But I think I once got into that mixup of light
on-numlock off, and vice versa, in another DOS app (dBase 5). It's not
supposed to happen, but programs do sometimes overwrite BIOS settings.
Patricia
	I've downloaded the German screen fonts. Where should I install them, if
the installation gives me a choice? With the other Windows fonts, in the
root, or with the Bitstream bitfonts in D:\XYW4DOS\Btfonts?
	By the bye, Xy (DOS and Win) run fine, full screen or Windowed for DOS,
on my laptop, which runs at 600X800, but only has a 10-inch screen.
(Think about that: my 20-60 eyes can see 600X800 on a 10-inch LCD, but
not on a 13-inch CRT.) The laptop, I note, has a PCI VGA card, not an AGP
one, so could it be the combination of high-resolution and AGP that's
throwing Xy off?