Re: Outlook Alternative

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have to agree with Mr. Jay here...I don't mind a little
> "wandering off the path" now and then. I suppose it could get
> out of hand, but so far, I haven't seen that happen.

Very much agreed, and to that point I am going to quote a reply I
recently sent another member, off-list.

> Jordan, right you are! I had no idea that these guys had taken
over the
> code from Innoval. I'm now looking forward to upgrading from
the three
> year old version of JStreet that I've been using.
>
> I'm very grateful to you for bringing this to my attention.

 > Glad to see that it was of use. Someone just complained about
off-topic
 > posts, but I think we can handle a modest amount of that.
This isn't one of
 > the busier lists you're going to find. I've seen a week or
more go by at
 > various times, with hardly any message traffic. We're all
here for Xy, but
 > there can occasionally be other topics that some members will
benefit from.
 > You never know when (or where) someone may have some info you
need.

[And, I might add, this has shown itself a pretty good place to
find such info.]

 > I'm curious to try Polarbar, mainly because it claims to
convert & save
 > Netscape Mail -- something I have accumulated a lot of, which
would be a
 > transition issue. I'd also like to be able to access
different mailboxes
 > without having to Quit & Reload the program. I don't know if
it does that,
 > but apparently some mail programs do.

A lot of my messages were composed in Xy, particularly the longer
ones. (There: not 100 % off-topic.)

Jordan