Re: Old user seks new advice

I'm not sure whether this might answer the installation problem for Xy4 that you're
having. But if your machine has a CD-Rom, then you either have to boot the system
with a DOS-bootable floppy, or press F5 when "Starting MS-Dos" appears. A message
will then appear with the information that the AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files
were bypassed.

Then you can install Xy4 normally from floppies. I don't know why the program
objects to the presence of the CD-ROM, because once loaded, that gives no trouble.

Unless that's the reason that every time I print from Xy4 while I'm running Windows
95, the phrase "General failure" appears in the command line. I just ignore it, and
the printing comes thru just fine.

Nick Clifford