Re: digest version

[R. E. Stannard, Jr.] says:

>Any chance you guys could pool your pennies and buy
>XYWrite out of capitivity where it languishes?

No. We've already offered. TTG is not interested.

>I too long for the old user-oriented days,
>and cannot imagine why TTG acquired it or
>keeps it, for all it does with it...

I can't either, and nobody I've ever met can, but once in a while the boss
of TTG emerges on this list with some peroration that-- Well, stick around
and judge the next one for yourself. Or maybe I'll get around to
anthologizing them all on a web page for the edification of all.

>I hate WORD, with its fat,fat, files (I found it hard to believe
>they could really be ten times fatter than the same copy in XY) that clog
>up my floppies .

*Ten* times fatter? Are you perhaps using Word's fast-save [I forget its
name] misfeature? If so, turn that off pronto. (And why on earth use
floppies?)

::::::::::: Peter Evans