General startup question, Pt. II

So I downloaded the boch dos emulator (doesn't require windows, which is a
major selling point), and installed xywrite 3+ on the linux partition of my
Mac.

It looks great. But it is a bit buggy.

whenever I move the cursor over previously entered text, the text goes bold.
Also, there seem to be oddities involving the shift key. Chiefly, I can't
get punctuation keys. Also, F5 is number lock on the mac powerbook, and
dammit, I want F5 to be BC and nothing else.

Any ideas out there? Also, if anyone has a keyboard map that might work for
a Macintosh Powerbook G3 ("Lombard"), it would be greatly appreciated.

(all that aside, it is unbelievably wonderful to see that xywrite screen
again. I can't tell you guys how it warms my heart.)