Re: XyWin Unresponsive

Xymaestras and Xymasters,

Looks like it is all loaded OK but when I (I think) manage to define and
CLIP a piece of text in Xy4 all I get when I paste in a Windows
applications are these weird strings:

C:\XYW4DOS\$VER$.TMP,652

When I go in the other direction, Xy4 always pastes the string in the
command line. Encouraging, but not even close enough for government work.

Is there an incantation I should use? Live offering?

Peter

Peter Cassidy wrote:
Paul, Carl & Xymaestras and Xymasters, I'm running the install now. Up to the part about the RUN REGCFG. Sparks are flying from the CPU and black helicopters have appeared over the house. Spouse is up on the roof holding them off with a talismanic Blue Oyster Cult album cover and a paperback copy of 1984. Film at 11. Peter cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:
-------------- Original message ---------------------- From: Peter Cassidy
I've been merrily Xying along with Xy4 for some time after Xywin refused to boot years ago now - but this quarter I have a project in which copying with quick CNTRL-C in Xywrite and pasting with CNTRL-V in Word (forgive me) would be really useful.
Since you're running Xy4, you're in luck. You don't need XyWin. Install the Jumbo U2 (http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/) and enable CLIP (command HELP CLIP for instructions), and you'll be able to copy, paste, etc., to and from the Windows clipboard from within Xy4 running full-screen or in a window. -- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxx
begin:vcard fn:Peter Cassidy n:Cassidy;Peter org:TriArche Research Group;Cambridge adr:Suites 200-202;;38 Rice Street;Cambridge;MA;02140;USA email;internet:pcassidy@xxxxxxxx title:Director of Research x-mozilla-html:FALSE url:http://www.triarche.com version:2.1 end:vcard